For maximum protection, most oil companies say to change the oil every 3,000 miles or three to six months regardless of what type of driving you do. Brake-O-Rama offers Automobile Oil Change Service in NJ.
A new engine with little or no wear can probably get by on 7,500 mile oil changes. But as an engine accumulates miles, blowby increases. This dumps more unburned fuel into the crankcase which dilutes the oil. This causes the oil to break down. So if the oil isn’t changed often enough, you can end up with accelerated wear and all the engine problems that come with it (loss of performance and fuel economy, and increased emissions and oil usage).
The primary functions of motor oil:
Lubricate: Reduce friction and wear Cool: Redistribute heat from hot area to cooler areas
Seal: engine’s combustion chamber Keep Clean: Hold contaminates in suspension
Warning Signs You May Need Oil Change:
- You notice leaks/puddles under your car
- Dip stick inspection shows oil or fluid loss soon after adding oil or fluids
- Your oil pressure light comes on, flickers or stays on
- You see oil in the spark plug wells and oil film on different parts of the engine
- Your transmission is not shifting smoothly
- Your engine or transmission is making odd noises
- Fluids have a strong burnt odor
- It has been more than 3 months or 3,000 miles since your last oil change
Which oil is right for your vehicle?
Different vehicles have different uses, so they have different needs. At Brake-O-Rama we offer a unique line of motor oils.