Your car’s heating, ventilating and air conditioning system (HVAC) keeps your car interior comfortable in any season by providing the right temperature and humidity level. The HVAC system also helps improve defroster operation. Brake-O-Rama offers Automobile Air Conditioning Service in New Jersey.
Typical Airconditioning Service:
A thorough inspection of your car’s HVAC system should be performed annually.
A service technician checks pressure to test operation, refrigerant charge and outlet temperatures.
If the system is found to be low on refrigerant, a leak test is performed to find the source of the leak.
Refrigerant may be added if necessary to “top off” the system (some states do not allow “topping off”)
A technician may also check for evidence of refrigerant cross-contamination, which is the mixing refrigerants.
A/C service should also include a check of the compressor’s drive belt and tension.
Brake-O-Rama Airconditioning Service:
1. Test system for proper Freon.
2. Test Freon for moisture contamination.
3. Test Freon for air contamination.
4. Clean condenser fins, as required.
5. Inspect and adjust A/C compresssor drive belt.
6. Performance test A/C operation.
7. Inspect all visible A/C components for leaks and add Freon dye, as needed.
8. Test antifreeze for proper mix.